- Learn by heart some verses of Saint Paul and repeat them in our daily life, in moments of joy, doubt and sadness
- Intensify the feeling of love for Jesus, as we read in the Letters of Saint Paul
- Consider Saint Paul’s words as addressed to us to strengthen our faith
- Be proud of our faith, as Paul was, and like him, be enthusiastic for Jesus’ sake
- Proclaim Jesus, as Paul did, in our society
- Have broad horizons and hopes, like Paul
- Understand the meaning of our life, discovering it from a daily reading of Saint Paul’s Epistles
- Priests – concentrate your sermons this year on the Epistles rather than on the Gospel
- Organize in parishes a program of continuous reading of Saint Paul’s Epistles through meetings and vigils in churches
- In the narthex of parish churches, place icons of Saint Paul and information on Saint Paul’s life and Epistles
Dear brothers and sisters,
I hope that through this guidance, you will find a new face, the face of Saint Paul, his personality and more, the face of Jesus.
My wish is for you to be always in a continual meeting with Jesus on the road to Damascus, the road of conversion, light, life and resurrection: which is the way of life in Jesus Christ. Amen.
Patriarch of Antioch and All the East
Of Alexandria and of Jerusalem